Are SugaCards scammers? Manufacturer of metal bank cards
When it comes to your payment information, you should always be very careful. The internet space is full of scammers who want to get their hands on your card data in order to use it to their advantage. This rule often works both ways. On the one hand, it helps to protect you from cyber fraudsters, on the other hand, it does not give you the possibility of obtaining the services of reliable companies, because you can suspect scammers from anyone, including your personal bank manager if he calls you from an unknown phone number. Today, our research focuses on a company that provides quite atypical services. It is Suga Cardsa Californian company that produces exclusive metal bank cards. Let’s find out together, are SugaCards scammers?
What does SugaCards do?
First, let’s talk about what this company does in general? In short, it offers exclusivity design and production of metallic bank cards. But the devil is in the details. SugaCards does not manufacture cards from scratch. This is the prerogative of banking and financial organizations, and processing centers. The company’s services can be called rather an upgrade of your plastic card to a new level.
Company specialists remove a chip from a working plastic card and transfer information from its magnetic strip to a new metal carrier. As a result, you get a card with a new design, but with your old chip, magnetic stripe, and therefore linked to your card account, and all the functions of the old card. These services are not provided solely by SugaCards. If you google it ordering a metallic payment card, the search engine will offer you many other links for this query. And some of them will indeed be scammers. In the case of SugaCards, this is not the case at all for at least several reasons, described below:
The company openly provides information about its office location and warmly invites customers who are convenient to place a order a metal bank card in Stockton, California to visit this office. The site contains phone numbers and contacts of the company’s pages on social networks.
- If you drill into the data of SugaCards LLC on open databases, it becomes clear that it is a company registered in the United States, that it is subject to American law and that it has the licenses necessary to provide issuing services personalized metal payment cards.
- Ultimately, customer reviews will always be your most trusted source of information. SugaCards has thousands of followers on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and TikTok, and they leave a lot of comments under every company activity on social media. There are hardly any negative comments about SugaCards. Or we just haven’t found it.
All in all, we can already say that SugaCards is a real company that already has its customers and operates strictly in the US legal area,
Go further. Is it safe to transact with SugaCards?
Why in general could there be a suspicion of fraud in relation to the SugaCards company? This is the same procedure for problema metal payment card! To do this, the customer must send a plastic card to the company’s office or provide their valid plastic card in person. Then, after doing the work of transferring the chip and information, the new metal card and the old plastic card both return to the owner. Seems simple. But the issue of security remains relevant. After all, you will have to part with your plastic card for a while, moreover, if you are not in California, or even outside the United States, you will have to use courier services to deliver the card to the office. Suga Cards. This is already a thin line, beyond which your security may be at risk. What risks do you incur when ordering a metal payment card in this way?
- Your card may get lost in the mail or not reach the address.
- It can be extracted upon delivery by unscrupulous couriers and used for their own purposes.
- The card can be used for payments by company employees themselves.
- Your card data will remain in the SugaCards database, and from there it can be viewed by third parties, no matter, by the fault and initiative of the company, or in the event of a violation of the database of data.
We can reassure you. The very procedure for such work has been worked out to the smallest detail. And all risks are reduced to zero.
- You send the card in a sealed package by express service.
- After issuance of a metallic bank card, SugaCards will ship your new card and the old plastic card to you in the same way. Immediately after registering the shipment, the manager will send you a tracking number for tracking.
- The SugaCards company on its website stipulates in the terms and conditions that it does not store customer data on its servers for longer than the production process requires.
- SugaCards managers themselves advise customers to temporarily freeze card accounts until the metal payment card is in their hands.
- In addition, SugaCards provides insurance for bank cards at the time of delivery and production of the card.
As you can see, the grounds for suspecting the SugaCards company in a scam are shattered by facts that are in the public domain.
Tina Johnson helped transform The Marketing Folks from a weekly newsletter to a full-fledged news site by creating a new website and branding. She continues to help keep the site responsive and organized for readers. As a contributor to The Marketing Folks, Tara mainly covers the new industry.