Food Packaging Bowl Sales Will Grow 7.3% Per Year Through 2025
CLEVELAND, March 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — A new analysis from the Freedonia Group on $2.6 billion The food packaging trays and bowls market forecasts above-average growth for bowls through 2025, driven by their novelty and convenience in single-serving fresh and frozen prepared foods like frozen meal bowls:
- While trays continue to see much wider use, bowls are expected to see faster growth from a weaker market base.
- Bowl sales will be boosted by the shift to bowls from traditional trays in some frozen dinner applications due to their shelf appeal, which evokes a more contemporary and fresh image for many consumers.
Application for food packaging trays and bowls in total $3.1 billion in 2025
The demand for food packaging trays and bowls is expected to grow to reach $3.1 billion in 2025, driven by:
- healthy sales growth following a pandemic-related acceleration in the popularity of frozen dinners and fresh prepared meals in trays and especially bowls due to their convenience
- the continued popularity of packaging-intensive single-serving portions in key food applications, such as prepared foods (eg, frozen meal bowls, personal pizzas, fresh ready meals); frozen desserts; and fresh cut products
- increased attention to sustainability forcing major food brands to switch from plastic to higher value materials such as molded fiber, cardboard and bioplastics
However, competition from rigid and flexible packaging alternatives is expected to continue to hamper the growth of certain applications.
You want to know more ?
Food packaging trays and bowls, now available from The Freedonia Group, provides historical data (2010, 2015, and 2020) and forecast to 2025 for the demand for food packaging trays and bowls in US dollars by product, material, and application. Also provided are analyzes of key developments in business and product development.
- rigid plastic
- plastic foam
- paper and cardboard
- molded fiber (molded pulp and sugar cane)
- meat, poultry and seafood
- fresh products
- prepared foods
- baked goods
- other food applications, including dairy products; sauces and condiments; processed fruits and vegetables; salty snacks; and sweets and confectionery
About Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industry research company, providing our clients with product analysis, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From individual consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased and trusted industry research and market analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published each year, we support over 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find ready-to-use studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for a custom search: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group